Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Spiritually Empowered Wholeness

Help Wanted: Apply Within                                                                                                                                                             
I love having online access to so many beautiful images!  One of my favorite is the radiant lotus blossom to the right.  This image has become my visual mantra, symbolizing for me not just the Christ in me,  but the awareness and experience of that presence in me.   I focus upon it as I begin to pray or meditate and I feel an actual warmth spreading out from my heart center.  And in moments of stress or too much busyness, just a moment's focus allows me to re-center on that image.
 
"Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Col 1:27) is not a goal to be  obtained in the future, but truth right here and right now!   "Finding" God is an inside job and we already have all the tools we need.  Charles Fillmore wrote in Jesus Christ Heals that

when man lays hold of the principle of wholeness, he finds that he is automatically working with God and that much new power is added.

Spiritually Empowered Wholeness has as its goal the realization and application of the full potential of our aliveness and creativity.  Clinebell wrote that

"Wholeness is a growth journey, not a fixed goal."

We do not search for that which is lost, but for that which is forgotten.  We need neither map nor compass on our journey.  Faith in God is our only requirement plus a willingness to remember who we are.  Love, peace, joy, healing  and prosperity will only come to us through our realization of  in faith in God.
Matthew 9:20-21 tells the story of a woman who seeks healing for a 12 year affliction.  In it she tells herself that she will be healed if she can just touch the hem of His garment.  Even though surrounded by and jostled by a large crowd, Jesus fills the flow of power and says to her

"Be of good cheer, daughter, for your faith has made you well."

The activity of faith within us allows us to realize and manifest our inner wholeness.  Over the course of this series I have felt an ever increasing sense of joy and well-being.  I no longer pray for specific needs, but for a greater awareness of the Presence and Power of God in me, knowing all the help I need resides within me.  Thank you, Father!
Rev. Claudia Naylor